Britz, Volker, Dr.
- Microeconomic Theory and Non-Cooperative Games
- Strategic Bargaining
- Production Economies with Incomplete Financial Markets and the Theory of the Firm
- Banking and Financial Stability
- Collective Decision Rules
Research Actitivities at CER-ETH
- Banking and Financial Stability -- Risk Management of Financial Institutions
Constitutional Design and New Collective Decision Rules
- V. Britz, P.J.J. Herings and A. Predtetchinski (2015), “Delay, Multiplicity, and Non-existence of Equilibrium in Unanimity Bargaining Games,” Journal of Mathematical Economics, 61, 192-202.
- V. Britz, P.J.J. Herings, and A. Predtetchinski (2014), “On the Convergence to the Nash Bargaining Solution for Action-dependent Bargaining Protocols,” Games and Economic Behavior, 86, pp. 178-183.
- V. Britz (2013), “Optimal Value Commitment in Bilateral Bargaining,” Games and Economic Behavior, 77, pp. 345-351.
- V. Britz, P.J.J. Herings, and A. Predtetchinski (2013), “A Bargaining Theory of the Firm,” Economic Theory, 54, pp. 45-75.
- V. Britz, P.J.J. Herings, and A. Predtetchinski (2010), “Non-cooperative Support for the Asymmetric Nash Bargaining Solution,” Journal of Economic Theory, 145, pp. 1951-1967.
- V. Britz, H. Gersbach and H. Haller (2016), “Deposit Insurance in General Equilibrium,” Center of Economic Research at ETH Zurich Working Paper 16/258. (Submitted.)
- V. Britz (2016), “Destroying Surplus and Buying Time in Unanimity Bargaining,” Center of Economic Research at ETH Zurich Working Paper 16/248. (Submitted.)
- V. Britz and H. Gersbach (2016), “Information Aggregation in Democratic Mechanisms,” CESifo Working Paper No. 5815, Center for Economic Studies and the Ifo Institute, Ludwig-Maximilian University Munich. (Submitted.)
- E. Aptus, V. Britz, and H. Gersbach (2014), “On the Economics of Crisis Contracts,” Center for Financial Studies Working Paper No. 453, House of Finance, Goethe University Frankfurt. (Submitted.)
Current and Previous Positions
- Post-doctoral researcher at ETH Zürich
(since January 2013)
- Post-doctoral research fellow of the Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE) at Université Catholique de Louvain, Louvain-la-Neuve, Belgium
(January 2012-December 2012)
- Ph.D. candidate at the Department of Economics, Maastricht University, The Netherlands
Supervisors: P. Jean-Jacques Herings and Arkadi Predtetchinski
(September 2006-December 2011)