Redesigning Democracy - More Ideas for Better Rules
Are there new forms of democracy that can overcome current shortcomings and achieve higher welfare than existing democracies?
The book discusses two routes to address this question:
- «Contractual Democracy»
- Inefficiencies arise after a politician is elected into office.
- In the book it is shown how contracts can help to eliminate such
- «New Rules for Decision-making and Agenda-setting»
- New rules can help to improve the decision process itself and lead to
socially beneficial policy proposals.
- In the book Flexible majority rules and a Minority-voting rule are put
forward as such new rules.